Creating DIY Halloween lawn witches can be a fun and spooky way to decorate your yard for the Halloween season. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you make your own.
DIY Halloween Lawn Witches
- Spray paint the cages black.
- Push the styrofoam ball onto the pointy ends of the tomato cage.
- Cut and attach the black tulle over the top, then use the twine around the base of the styrofoam ball. This will for the head of the witch. I used about 6 or 7 layers of tulle on each one.
- Add the witch hat on the top of the witch’s head and secure it to the styrofoam ball with T pins.
- Repeat two more times to create a coven.
- Optional: Tie some tulle from one witch to the next with so they look like they’re holding hands in a seance.
Total Cost: $111.11
I wasn’t trying to spend a lot, but the tomato cages were $42.15 for all three of them. I ordered plastic ones on Amazon first, but one of them broke while I was trying to get them to stand up. The Amazon ones weren’t sturdy at all. Since the ones I bought were green, I had to spray paint it black.
Remember to be creative with your DIY Halloween lawn witches! You can personalize them with hats, scarves, and other accessories to make each one unique. Additionally, consider adding some spooky sound effects or a fog machine to complete the Halloween atmosphere.