I had been looking for vanities, but they cost about $100 on the low end for plywood. I found this beauty at a resale shop for only $36!
It’s actually an old sewing machine. It had two wooden arms on both sides, but I removed those (please don’t hate me if you love antiques!). The arms were meant to fold in and out if you were using it versus not using it. They could have drapes hanging to hide anything stored underneath.
This is exactly what it looked like when I brought it home. Not too shabby for the price, but it needs a little love. I started with the sanding and removed the arms in front. A couple of the drawers also needed some extra glue.
Step one: we started by sanding down the wood.
Step two: this is after one coat of primer. It already looks better. I’m well on my way to having a beautiful white console table.
I’ve done two coats of paint at this point. I’m not going to do that part inside the drawers because I won’t see that part. Or maybe I just want this to be done already.
And now I’ve added the knobs. Just beauties.
And the finished piece.
Check out my other DIY posts here.